Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Life Well Lived...

On Friday, January 21st, 2011 our Granny went home to be with the Lord. What a life she lived! If there was one word to describe her life it would be generous. Granny was always generous in her words, time, gifts, and service. Growing up I remember waiting at the window for her to arrive in anticipation of the gift sack she would bring or the plethora of cookies she had made for us grandkids. Her life was consistent in this one thing: her generous service and thoughtfulness of others. Even at the end of her life, she continued to thank everyone waiting and caring for her. I'm forever thankful that God allowed us to have so many wonderful memorable years with Granny and I'm certain my life will always be touched because of her influence and investment in me. I look forward to the day we see each other again, face-to-face with our King Jesus in glorified bodies for all eternity!

Granny, I love you dearly. You left a legacy. You lived a life of a true generous servant. Thank you for your faithfulness to God, our family, and the world around you. God truly blessed your life and the generations that follow after you...He is good in every season, all the time.









No comments:

Post a Comment