Thursday, January 28, 2010

Her Name Is "Bigs"...






Growing up in our family we each had a nickname...and a song that went with it. I have fond memories of my dad singing my unique song to the tune of "Jingle Bells". It always made me smile and feel so special! This is one of my most favorite memories as a child...and still today I occasionally get to hear my song sung when visiting my parents.

When Ryan came into our family, it just happened...she got a nickname "Bigs" and a song was birthed as well! It's sung often in our home..."When mommy wasn't looking, baby got Bigs...when daddy wasn't looking, baby got Bigs...how'd you get so Bigs, how'd you get so Bigs!" Ryan seems to like it...and so do we!

So...if you were wondering why we call her "Bigs" this is a little background to her nickname. We love our sweet Bigs! She is so precious and we are truly addicted! God's gifts are good and perfect! :)

This is Ryan in a highchair for the first time! We were eating at Ted's and tried it out...she liked it! I was a little nervous that she might fall thru the front since she wasn't strapped in too well, but she didn't and enjoyed being a part of the dinner!




2 comments:

  1. That's so cute, and Ryan is so cute! We call Gabriela (our youngest) "Boo" or "Baby Boo"--she's had that nickname since she was a few months old, and I made a song for her too. The name didn't come from Monsters Inc. but just me saying "boo, boo, boo, boo" to her all the time to get her to smile. Even my other two call her Boo a lot--even now that she's 2 years old. Her song is pretty simple, "Little Baby Boo-oo, little baby boo-ooo, I sure do love you-oooo, Boo baby." LOL! Hey, I never knew you guys all had nicknames! Nice memories. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIGS! Our song would go something like this, "When Mommy wasn't looking, baby got skinny! When Daddy wasn't looking, baby got skinny! Where did our baby go?" But, Noa's song would've sounded more like Ryan's. :)

    ReplyDelete